Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lovin' Summer....

 If you squint hard enough you can almost see the end of summer! (thank you Kristi!) Well sort of. It's really flown by for us. And here are the highlights!

Waterfall Canyon


Every year we hike up to the top with the kids. This was the first year Chris didn't have to carry one of them! I made it to the top in record time thanks to Max who dragged me all the way!

Family Reunions at the Farm


This year we were lucky to get to back to my Grandpa Coletti's farm...twice! Our cousins from California and Washington came and Aunt Susie was the hostess with the mostess!


Mom and all her girls. Chris and I lived on the farm for 2 years while we took care of my Grandpa. I love going back there and showing the kids the old chicken coop, barn yard and milk house. Thanks Aunt Susie and Mom for putting this together.

Fourth of July
I love the Fourth of July. Every since I was little it's been a time to get together with family, thanks to my Grandma Gilleland. Although the family has changed over the years, the tradition lives on. Riley was in the Riverdale Parade this year...and it was chilly! That was a first!


This year we were thrilled to have the chance to take the kids to Lagoon with Chris' family. Although Riley has been countless times, this was the girls first time and they loved it! Rattlesnake Rapids was the first stop!


I was under the impression I could stay dry. I was wrong!


Chris doesn't really like rides that go round and round...except for this one! Way to take one for the team babe!


Swimming at Nenee's house


Mom has a pool, and the kids love it. Although we don't make it out there very much, the kids sure do have a ball when we do!

Camping in the Uintahs


We love, love, love to head up to cooler country every summer! Chris gets to fish, and I get to relax. Even Max agrees...it's a good thing to run wild every once and a while!


Chris loves to fish, and he's so kind and patient with all of the kids as he shares this love with them. Sasha is thrilled with each and every catch!


I love sitting around the campfire and talking...ok I love to talk anywhere, but there are few things better than a summer sky, a warm fire and family to share it with.


There's still a few more good weeks left to squeeze out of this summer, and we intend to do it. I realized suddenly one day that in only three years my family dynamics would change forever when Riley gratuates high school. Three years. Do you know how fast that will go? It will fly, as always seems to anymore. And so, we plan to enjoy every minute of it together, as a family.

So here's to another triumphant summer!

2 comments:

  1. Carley! Glad to see you back in the blogging world! It is so true--you have to pack in all the family times while you can! We are down to just 2 years until Jax graduates. It's nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Carley. You have had a picture perfect summer. That last photo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete