It's been one crazy week! The kids are all back in school, they survived their first summer with both mom & dad at work! First day of school was splendid for all! Aryn is in 3rd, Sasha in 1st, Josh in 6th and Riley started her Sophomore year! (wow, that ages me!) I was able to take them to school this year, which was lovely!
Then there was 'Super Saturday!' to finish off the week. Chris and I started early, as in Friday night, and got the house cleaned. We began our Saturday with a rousing game of football, courtesy Joshua. He likes it and it's very fun to watch him progress.
Seriously, could he be any cuter?
I picked tomatoes and Chris, the salsa master, made salsa. Last year I was going to get into canning, but Chris lost his job, I went back to work, and Chris did it all. I'm not a stupid person, so I let him keep on doing it. Besides, he makes the best salsa I've ever had, hands down.
I do however love making Jam's and Jellies. My sweet friend Brooke called Saturday evening and had apricots I could have...for free! Never one to look a gift fruit in the mouth, I snatched them up and whipped up a batch of Apricot Jam. Yummy! I've already done Grape Jelly, Strawberry and Raspberry Jams but was waiting for some apricots to do this one. Thanks Brooke! Maybe Peach next??
At 10pm we cleaned the kitchen and called it a day. What a week!
Those are awfully cute first day faces!
ReplyDeleteYummy jam and salsa. I love harvest time. :)