Riley tried out and made the High School drill team.
She is officially a Royalaire. And I'm officially a dance mom. Who'd of thunk it?
Josh turned 11!
And got his very own man bed! (man cave included with its own door..heaven!)
Chris and Josh promptly broke it in with a good nap. After the bedspread and decorative pillows were on. Naturally.
And last for Josh, but certainly not least, in what is perhaps the proudest moment of my life, ( I jest...but I am giddy!) Josh will be playing football. Since he was a baby I've had visions of him running around in cute little football pads-doesn't every mother of a boy?
Seriously, is there anything more touching than a dad helping his boy on with his helmet? I think not. (Excuse me while a get a tissue.) Let the season commence!
Aryn & Sasha continue to grow, grow, grow. It occurs to me every now and again when I refer to them as the 'little girls' that they are not so little anymore, and I am so sad. However, they continue to be as enjoyable as ever, so I suppose that makes up for it! Both the girls have quit soccer and now want to be dancers like their big sister. Heaven help us!
Finally, Chris and I (crazy eyes and all) are still keepin' on keepin' on.
Work is good for both of us. My job is fun and interesting. That being said, as wonderful as BoBunny is (and it is, really) I miss being home so badly that it aches. I never knew that all I wanted to be when I grew up was a Stay at Home Mom until I couldn't be anymore. Don't get me wrong, I loved every second of it while it lasted and have no regrets. I'm just up on my soap box wanting to make sure that all of you who stay home with your babies cherish every single minute of it. There is nothing, nothing, out there more rewarding that taking care of your family. Enough said. Things are leveling off for me, my evenings feel like evenings again and I'm finally able to wrap my head around 'doing it all.' Of course, doing it all couldn't be done with out my super wonderful husband! He enjoys his job. Ok, so he didn't actually say that, but in true Chris fashion, he has mentioned that he no longer dreads going into work. Translation: enjoys.
And that is the readers digest version from a true talk a holic and long story teller!


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back Car! I forgot what your family looks like, seeing that this is the only way I get to see them! ;)
ReplyDeleteSo cute- I can't believe Riley is going to be in high school! Just tell your kids to stop growing up- I do it all the time- no, it has not worked yet, but I keep trying!
Love you guys!
wow! did you actually update your blog? i'm so impressed. ;)
ReplyDeletecute pictures, cute family. I know you miss being the full-time Mommy, but I love that we get you at BB. :)