Monday, May 25, 2009

The End of an Era

Well, it has finally happened. What seemed like would never come, has come and I find I don't like it! Sasha graduated from Preschool this week, which means all my kids will be in school next year. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by! Of course Teacher Vicki made sure the kids went out in style, so here are a few shots of her graduation program.
Cute Sasha getting ready to sing in her shades.
Here she is diploma in bag, and hat on head.
Dad and his baby girl after it was all over.

Mom and Sasha.
Sasha and Teacher Vicki.
The funnest part of the program is always the interview questions read out loud as a surprise to the parents. Teacher Vicki asks the kids a bunch of questions, and then they are read while the kids take their walk. Here is Sasha's bit: "Sasha's favorite things to do at school are snack time, painting, and fixing Teacher a pretend dinner with the play food. She loves ironing with her mom, and going to Walmart with her dad. Sasha loves going swimming with her family and going to McDonalds. Her favorite foods are quesadillas, chicken nuggets and fruit roll-ups. When Sasha grows up she wants to be a FARMERS WIFE!"
We were laughing like mad men at the last sentence. Later, when I asked her what made her think to be a farmers wife she told me, "I really like animals, and I just want to be a mom that stays home like you." Ahhhh, it's all worth it! Of course, my mom had to go and tell her that farmers where stinky, so she was having second thoughts until I told her farmers took showers too. Bless my mom, you'd never know she was a dairy farmers daughter, she's so sensitive to smells. And this from the woman who played in piles of dry cow manure as a child!
Anyway, we are so proud of our Sasha, she is a very sweet and good little girl. And, I will miss ironing with her when she goes to school next year, just one of the many things I will miss about our days together. (sniff, sniff) We love you Sasha!





No comments:

Post a Comment