Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Taking Stock

Because I'm to lazy to upload the New Years pictures there aren't any...yet. Maybe later, one can never tell. However, never one to see a holiday pass without proper recognition, Happy New Year!

Lets talk about New Years resolutions, why not? Everyone else is. I've never been one to parade about declaring New Years resolutions. Mostly because I never do them.(I could seriously rationalize my way to hell) But, last year I quietly set one for myself, and I am proud to say I did it! So this year I thought....

 what the heck, I'll do it again.  And so I have. I am pleased to report a whopping 3 days into the year, I have resolutely kept my New Years resolution. Fingers crossed for the next 362 days.

At Family Home Evening we also declared our personal resolutions, and then set one as a family. Most of the kids wanted to have personal scripture study daily, except for Aryn. She would like to get her toe touch by the end of this year.


I have to admit Chris and I struggled not to chuckle.  But then, since it took her a week to master the leg extension,

 something tells me it won't be too long until she's touching her toes. That girl lives to dance. (can you believe I even know all these funny dance moves? Me either!) I digress.

As a family we have decided to focus on family scripture study....

 and finish the Doctrine Covenants and the Book of Mormon this year. We've been reading the D&C for the entire last year. Honest. It is taking us forever. Perhaps its the lack of dedication? Yes, maybe. So, with that thought in mind we are plowing through the last bit with the BOM as the end goal.


I love this book. We started reading it daily as a family when Sasha was a year old, and with the exception of last year when we read (or attempted to read) D&C, have read it every year since. I will admit that while we were on our BOM sabbatical, I missed it. It has such a quite strength and comfort in this busy world we live in. So I read it on my own.
For Christmas each of the kids got their own big copy of the BoM, D&C and Pearl of Great Price, and are excitedly following along. So, I know that each of the kids are anxious to settle back into the BOM once again. Riley will continue to hold out for Captain Moroni, I will swoon over Teancum and Josh will dream of being a Stripling Soldier. Aryn will love each time her name is mentioned even if its not spelled right, and Sasha will do her best to hold still, and protest that her name is not mentioned.
 So it is with great anticipation that we finish the D&C and again pick up our own personal Liahona, the Book Of Mormon. I challenge you all to do the same!
Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment