Saturday, January 15, 2011

Drill, drill and more drill...still!


 This last month has been drill filled. This is competition season for drill teams wide and far, and it is insane. But in a weird fun way. Riley volunteered me to stay overnight with her team in Jordan last month, at first I was a bit.....grumbly about it. It's no secret in my youth I mainly wanted to push cheerleaders and drill team girls down. However, since my daughter is one now, (and has let me push her down, so it's out of my system now) I am learning the ways of this maddening world. And loud world.
Here's the team at the Mayan for a team dinner. Cute Royalaires.


 Look what the girls found! The divers were more than happy to pose with them all..weird. :)


And the whole silly bunch again before we headed back to the hotel.


Here they are doing their dance routine. Insane the things they do with their bodies. I have a whole new respect for dancers after watching Riley this year. They really are athletes.


This is their Kick routine...pre-routine. They are a funny bunch aren't they? 


And here they are rehearsing for their Military routine.


More of the same...head stands...yeah you should see the things they do on their heads.


And so now you know (because I know you were so concerned) what our last month has entailed. Dance is a strange world, but 2 of my three girls love it, and so then must I. (did I mention it's an expensive world?) Only one more competition left and they'll call it a year. Riley has had a tough year dance wise. Things have always come easy to Riley. This has not been easy. We wondered what she would do as we watched in the back ground; would she hang her head, or put her nose down and work? She put her nose down and worked her tail off. She climbed mountains and is now standing at the top grinning. Riley learned she is made of tough stuff. These are life lessons that are priceless, and it has been inspiring to watch her grow.
 Way to go Riley and the Royalaires!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a fun drill Mom for cute Riley! She will love remembering that you shared this time with her. :-)

    ReplyDelete