Saturday, February 20, 2010

Six Years Ago.....

Six years ago, I called Chris and told him it was time. Jamie was next. She hurried over to find me on all fours breathing through another contraction. The look on her face convinced me she'd never have children! (luckily Brad and time changed her mind!) We made it to the hospital just in time, and had our fourth baby, a girl, our Sasha Jean.
By this time, I was an old pro, and knowing it was my last baby I decided to try an epidural for the first time. I love that anesthesiologist to this day.
Sasha's first four months were spent crying...constantly. Until they figured out she had acid reflux, healed her poor little burned esophagus and then the fun began.

One year old, my little sunshine is never short on smiles, not much has changed there.

Except at the beach. The sand just did not sit well with her, she hated having it sticking all over her!

Sasha kept growing, no matter how many times I'd wish her to stop. Kids are funny that way. And she kept getting cuter by the minute. Aryn now has a full time playmate! They get along like peanut butter and jelly. Sasha sweetly lets 'Ryn' boss her around, just glad to play.


My two sweet girls. The Lord truly knew what he was doing sending them so close. The moment Aryn saw her she proclaimed, "Oh! That's my baby!" And side by side they've been ever since. Matching clothes and coordinating outfits like twins. They love to just be together.

Sasha is forever trying to catch up to her big sisters and brother. She's a good little helper, even washing her own tea sets! Being her mommy is the best gift ever.

Now, at six years old, I'm still trying to figure out how to make her quit growing up, to no avail. We love our Sasha Jean the Jelly Bean! Happy Birthday baby girl!








2 comments:

  1. So sweet, Carley. I hope she reads this someday. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is so very cute. Hope she had a fun Birthday. How are the pierced ears working out?

    ReplyDelete