Saturday, April 10, 2010

Aryn's Baptism

More exciting than Easter, larger than a birthday...it's Aryn's Baptism! Aryn has been counting down the minutes until she could be baptised, and today was the big day. In Ayrn's eyes today usurped Easter, and so I shall post accordingly. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, perfect day from start to finish.

Aryn and her daddy pre-baptism. What seems like not so long ago, I was baptised in the same dress. When given the choice of the standard jumper or mom's old dress Ayrn nabbed the dress up, just like her big sister.

All of us before the baptism.
Aryn and Sasha. These two little peas in a pod love each other so very much. Aryn is the best big sister to Sasha.
The whole family came back to the house for lunch and post birthday celebrations. Good eatin', thanks to all the yummy salads. It's always so nice to get the cousins all together.


Aryn blows out the candles...again! I firmly believe ones birthday should last at LEAST a few weeks, and Aryn's has! Thanks to my cute friend Brooke for the fabulous cake, which, was just as yummy as it was lovely. The day was wonderful, and as Aryn herself said, "Better than I dreamt it would be" The spirit was so powerful at the baptism, even I teared up a few times...which for me is pretty unusual! Of course, the fact that we were baptising one of the "little girls" really tugged at my heartstrings as well. They just grow up way to fast. Thank you to everyone for coming, helping and just being there....we love you!

1 comment:

  1. cute pictures! So glad Aryn enjoyed her special day. That cake is DARLING!

    ReplyDelete