Sunday, September 13, 2009

Updates!

Well,from the looks of this blog it would seem that we've dropped off the face of the earth , so I decided to grab a few minutes and update it...well sorta. First it starts with grabbing minutes, because they are pretty hard to find right now! Chris is still looking for a job, so everyone please keep your ears open for us.

In the mean time, we have been so very blessed as we get over this bump in our road. I was blessed to find a full time job (yes! I went back to work) at a wonderful company called BoBunny Press, just 2 weeks after Chris lost his job. Which as many of you know, is a miracle in itself in this economy. It's a scrapbooking manufacturer, and I really love it. (check us out at: www.bobunny.com) I've been back for the last 2 months, and so far it's been great. That is in part (a rather large part) because Chris has been home running the house. Many of you know that I have long joked that Chris would make a better house wife than I ever did, and let's just say, it's not a joke anymore. He is incredible! He has canned tomatoes, made salsa (which is to die for, even my dad had him do some for him) and has the most delightful and delicious meals when I get home. And, get this ladies, he cleans the house too! Truth be told, he's bored out of his mind, so he cleans and cooks endlessly. He has been so great through this transition of my returning to work, in many ways it's been a blessing to have him here.

As to my job, I really love it. I am surrounded by the most wonderful and talented people, it's truly a joy to go to work daily. I was worried about what sort of environment I would be in when I returned to the work force, since the dirtiest thing I've been around in the last nine years were poopy diapers, but BoBunny is a dream. We are so thankful things worked out the way they did and I was able to find such a fabulous place to work. That being said, I miss being home every minute of every day. Those of you that are home, cherish every second of it. It's more precious than any words I could write, even the parts that are less than glamorous seem so dear to me now. So, it is fortunate that my job is so very wonderful, it sort of eases the ache of it all a bit. The fact that I was able to stay home with the kids until they were all in school, is just one of the many tender mercies we've been shown.

The kids are all dealing with this like little troopers, Sasha misses me and is having the worse time,(next to Riley, oddly) but all in all they are doing really well. Even my Chris manages to keep a brave face. We both just know that it will all work out in due time. Our ward has been incredible, and someday I should write and tell you of all the mini miracles that we've been so blessed to receive. I know it seems crazy, but I don't think I would trade this experience, it's been such a funny little blessing in disguise. Our faith and testimonies have grown by leaps and bounds, and learning to depend on the Lord is something I hope we'll never forget.

So, this post is rather long, and contains no pictures, but perhaps the next time I can find a moment or two I'll put some up here. In the mean time, we are all well loved and provided for, and ultimately, we are happy. We have each other, which in the end is all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you guys are doing alright. So good that you can find so many positives through a rough situation. Glad you love your job, and I sincerely hope Chris is able to find something soon...

    ReplyDelete