Chris is an enigma. No really, he is. We've been talking about getting another German Shepherd for a long time. We even found one last week for a really good price. You know me, I said 'just go look at him, c'mon, jump babe, take a chance!' And knowing Chris, he said,'it's not the right time, it'll be a pain, I don't know if I really want to go through all that puppy stuff again so soon....' the list of negatives and logic went on and on. Case closed. So! Yesterday after parent teacher conferences (which were fab, thank you) he informs me he has to go back to work for a little bit, and would Aryn like to come with him? (he takes the kids in with him from time to time, so this is not out of the ordinary) Off they go. He calls a few hours later, asking what time we're eating, I tell him I'm just waiting for him. (The burnt pork chops were already to gobble, but that's a whole other story) He says he'll just be about 20 more minutes. Great. I play a little more on the Wii, finish the game, finish up dinner preparations, and I'm standing in the kitchen when he walks in the garage door. With a puppy in his arms. I scream, Riley screams, the dog nearly wets himself, and we have our new Shepherd.
Friday, February 27, 2009
And the Shepherd makes three!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute blog, Carley! No help with names though, sorry! I would be as bad if not worse than Chris. 3 dogs--wow! You are either crazy or brave! :)
ReplyDeleteI got on your other blog--you are quite a writer! So fun to see another side of you! I can't believe how big your kids are getting--all very cute! Maybe we will see you this summer.
ReplyDelete